8.0 COMMUNITY NETWORK DEVELOPMENT.
Download Word 6.0 version of this document
8.01 COMMUNITY NETWORK DEFINITION
ICNA shall recognize as a community network a website which the ICNA Board determines to be:
- A common gateway to information about the community served.
- Representative of the entire community served.
- Supported and administered by a board, panel, or committee of recognized community leaders (e.g. officials of local public schools, public libraries, government, higher education, business and/or service organizations).
- Economically self-supporting, with good prospects for its long-term maintenance and upkeep.
- Accessible via local dial-in to all residents of the community served.
- Compliance with ICNA standards.
8.02 DEVELOPMENTAL MODEL.
For every community in Indiana, ICNA advocates, and will offer assistance for:
- The development of a community network/community information gateway.
- The organization of a local board formed by community leaders for the purpose of accepting responsibility for the content made available via its local community network.
- The development of a business plan to support the on-going development and maintenance of the local community network.
- Providing local dial-in access to every telephone exchange within the community served.
- Compliance with all ICNA standards.
INDIANA COMMUNITY NETWORK ASSOCIATION
Board Policy Manual
Current as of 1/17/97
Section 8.0, Page - 8.0